We're looking for a Controller!
Ring Concierge began as a luxury private jeweler and has since scaled into a successful e-commerce business and private jeweler accessible to the mass. Nicole Wegman, founder of Ring Concierge, has strategically utilized social media to disrupt the historically close-knit, male-dominated diamond industry to create a jewelry business for women by women. Founded in 2013, Ring Concierge has grown exponentially over the past 6 years and is continuing to expand its team, therefore, is looking for a Controller to bring in-house.
As the first in-house Controller you will responsible for creating, implementing, and maintaining all accounting related operations. In addition, you will be responsible for overseeing the accounts payable and receivable, processing payroll, and conducting other tasks related to company finances. As Ring Concierge is a small company, the ideal candidate must be a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Manage daily accounting operations, creating scalable processes to ensure all financial information is properly captured, reconciled, and documented
- Create and implement accounting policies that fit our business ensuring tight controls across the organization
- Monitor accounts payable and receivable
- Track expenses, budget, taxes, cash flow, receipts and other financial dealings of the company
- Provide regular financial reports (weekly, monthly and yearly)
- Act as point of contact with outside accountants for annual tax filing
- Maintain compliance with government agencies
- Manage company payroll and ensure timely processing
- Analyze financial transactions and collaborate with senior leadership on financial strategy, budgeting, forecasting, and accounting policies
- Prior experience at high growth startup creating and implementing accounting procedures and practices in addition to experience with established corporate structures
- Experience with physical inventory
- Experience at an e-commerce company
- Ability to wear many hats and work across functions of the organization to create collaboration between accounting and the other functions
- 5+ years of accounting experience at Big 4 accounting firm, high growth startup and/or in a corporate accounting role
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA license
- Strong accounting skills and GAAP knowledge
- Prior experience working with third party accountants
- Experience in preparing financial statements & tax return reports
- Excellent at recording data and have the ability to produce clear financial reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- An accurate and detail-oriented approach to work
- Strong written, verbal, and collaboration skills
Full-time position located in NYC.
Salary ~$100-120K, depending on experience
Please apply here.