Ring Concierge is a rapidly growing female-founded fine jewelry company specializing in customized engagement rings and fine jewelry. The Senior Merchandise Manager will own all Product Management/Development functions of Ring Concierge's private label brand initiatives, which encompass the fine jewelry and engagement categories on E-commerce, as well as Site Merchandising and Analytics for all products on ringconcierge.com. This position will serve as the thought partner to the CEO in developing the strategic vision, goals and product roadmap for Ring Concierge, and ensure that product assortments achieve the sales, margin, turn and growth targets planned with Leadership. The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable and effective leading through change and complexity across all layers of the organization in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
E-COMMERCE MERCHANDISING/SITE ANALYTICS
- Oversee day-to-day management of the e-commerce site including any redesigns, feature enhancements, and troubleshooting any issues that arise by partnering with our external developer team.
- Ensure all product-related pages on the website are updated, accurate and aligned with company goals, brand positioning and vision of the CEO
- Analyze site performance and analytics to gain customer insights and make informed decisions on site merchandising, UX/UI design direction and SEO optimization.
- Determine roadmap of important website features and a/b tests (consumer-facing and back-end functionality); ensure a continuous cycle of feedback from stakeholders and RC customers is integrated into ongoing tech development
- Own the sales forecasts, merchandise planning, and divisional P&L’s with sign-off from Leadership
- Own the procurement process for the category including but not limited to: generating all vendor purchase orders, overseeing production timelines and monitoring delivery dates to ensure they meet product launch dates.
- Analyze both product and category level business performance and trends in order to make merchandising, promotional and website strategy recommendations.
- Create and maintain the SKU level demand plan for the category to be used for procurement and future projections.
- Partner with the CEO to set the creative vision for Ring Concierge product categories and execute against defined strategies and goals; manage the Product Development function within the organization
- Stay current on the competitive landscape and identify white space opportunities; develop and propose new product category expansions and growth strategies
- Collaborate with business partners across Marketing, and Sales to ensure product consistency and successful execution across the business.
SALES & MARKETING
- Collaborate with Marketing to set effective digital marketing strategies and campaigns for owned, earned and paid channels that drive traffic, maximize conversion and increase e-commerce sales.
- Partner with Marketing to drive customer engagement, acquisition and topline growth through SEM, SEO, affiliate marketing, content and retargeting efforts.
- Partner with CEO to develop and drive the CRM strategy for Ring Concierge
- Communicate across the organization to ensure alignment and clarity of major initiatives in development and how that impacts other functions; influence buy-in
- Engages team to examine current practices and encourages creative thinking about how processes and execution could be more effective and efficient
- A trusted, collaborative and results-oriented leader, business partner and change agent who can lead by example and possesses professional maturity
- A model for leadership and are passionate about developing your direct reports to be the next generation of leaders
- Inspires, motivates, and influences the behavior of others to drive high performance
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to build trusted alliances among cross functional teams
- Ability to conceive, plan, present and implement strategies on target with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present in a clear, confident and composed manner
- Embraces and manages change with an optimistic approach
- 8+ years of relevant experience (product/merchandise management, production, product development, site merchandising & analytics, e-commerce buying/planning); 3+ years managing direct reports
- Jewelry and E-Commerce experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong negotiating skills
- Must be proficient in Excel and Mac computers, Office and Google Suite
- Full-time role located in midtown NYC
- Office Hours: 9:30 am to 6:30 pm, with the knowledge that we have a startup culture and your day may extend past listed office hours (weekly schedule subject to change during sales, busy season and events with the possibility of weekends during these periods may be required to meet role requirements)
- Health benefits for full-time employees
*Please note: you will not be considered if you do not meet the requirements listed above*