Ring Concierge is a rapidly growing female-founded fine jewelry company specializing in customized engagement rings and fine jewelry. We are looking for a high performing and detail-oriented individual to add to our Finance & Accounting organization.This role is focused on the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for accurate and timely entry of invoices into our accounting platform, Quickbooks.
- Monitor our vendor payment schedule process and act as point of contact for vendor payment inquiries; process A/P as approved by the Director of Finance
- Assist in cash management by owning the Accounts Receivable function.
- Regularly review our general ledger coding to ensure all expenses are accurately coded by account and department, and captured within the correct accounting period; ensure data will support divisional P&L reporting.
- Assist with preparation of required documentation for quarterly and/or annual financial statement audits.
- Define and implement processes to ensure data integrity between systems
- Partner with cross functional departments including Production, Merchandising, Operations and HR to help identify and implement financial process improvements.
- Assist with registration, filing, maintenance, and ongoing compliance of state sales tax across all sales channels.
- Assist in researching technical accounting matters, drafting accounting memos and staying current on new GAAP pronouncements; summarize and communicate results accurately.
- Aid in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Take lead on certain ad hoc projects as needed by the Director of Finance and management team.
Work closely with the Director of Finance and external partners to ensure monthly close timelines are met consistently; proactively communicate and lead resolution to any roadblocks to close that arise.
Support the monthly close process and financial statement review including, but limited to:
- Preparation of journal entries and supporting reconciliation schedules
- Reconciliation of GL accounts
- Preparation of inventory valuation, roll-forward, and balance sheet inventory reconciliation; partner with Operations, Merchandising and Product teams to ensure inventory movements, costs and accruals are properly captured
- Reporting package and variance analysis for certain areas of financial statements
- 3+ years of accounting experience; inventory or cost accounting preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA a plus
- Strong GAAP knowledge
- Must have advanced proficiency in Excel
- Experience at an E-commerce focused company is a plus
- Experience with multiple ERP systems is a plus
- Proactive and self-motivated accounting professional, able to think independently
- Ability to prioritize and multitask successfully, while paying close attention to details
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure, commitment to timely task completion with the ability to handle changing priorities and tight timeframes
- Quick learner with an interest and drive to understand business processes
- Demonstrated ability to learn accounting and reporting applications in a short timeframe
- Continuously adapt as the business evolves and grows
- Ability to notice risks to the business and articulate them to the Director of Finance
- Experience in preparing financial statements
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- An accurate, detail-oriented and thoughtful approach to everything you do
- Strong written, verbal, and collaboration skills
- Full-time role located in Rochester, NY
- Office Hours: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, with the knowledge that we have a startup culture and your day may extend past listed office hours
- Will need to be available over certain holidays
- Health benefits for full-time employees
Submit your application here.